EMPLOYERS are being invited to apply for a slice of Liverpool City Council’s apprenticeship funding
The local authority is making available a proportion of its Apprenticeship Levy so local firms can invest in high-quality training to recruit new talent and develop their existing employees.
The aim is to create employment opportunities, increase the number of apprenticeships and create a skilled local workforce and a city ‘skills offer’ that better meets the needs of businesses.
There are over 500 new apprenticeship qualifications covering a broad range of professions from level 2 (GCSE) to level 7 (masters) and many include professional qualifications and new skills and knowledge.
Information regarding the full list of apprenticeship qualifications and local providers are listed on theInstitute for Apprenticeships website.
Who can receive transferred levy funds?
- Employers must be based within the Liverpool city boundary
- Apprentices must be a Liverpool City Region resident (Halton, Knowsley, Liverpool, Sefton, St Helens and Wirral)
- Apprentices must be paid at least national minimum wage
- There must be an approved apprenticeship standard relevant for the role (frameworks are not included)
- The cost of the apprenticeship standard must be less than £15,000
- The duration of the apprenticeship must be less than 24 months
- Receiving employers or organisations must be able to demonstrate how their apprenticeships will contribute to Liverpool City Council’s vision and aims set out in the Inclusive Growth Plan
Transferred levy funds can only be used to pay for apprenticeship training. Funding rules dictate that they cannot be used to fund salary, travel expenses or professional membership fees.
Full details of the government’s eligibility criteria can be found at https://www.gov.uk/guidance/apprenticeship-funding-rules-for-employers.
For more information, and to apply, visit https://liverpool.gov.uk/apprenticeshipfunding.
The closing date for applications is 29 February 2020.
More information is also available by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org